Club Development Information
Meet Mel, our Club Development Officer, a resource available to assist your club.
This position has been made available through funding from the Department of Sports and Recreation (DSR) along with the shires of Morawa, Three Springs and Perenjori.
Your Club Development Officer,Mel Raffan is here to provide support to local sport and recreation clubs in their short and long-term development. Lara’s position is part time and provides clubs with;
- Club development information;
- Relevant club development training, education, information workshops/programs and opportunities;
- Assist clubs to improve their governance and management practices through development of club plans, policies and procedures.
- Work to support clubs to complete the Australian Sports Commission's (ASC) Healthy Club Check, Club Plans and offer training, including the DSR Club Talk workshop program. These programs are designed to improve the development of the clubs and increase a clubs chance of receiving funding in the future.
- Help to identify Club needs and provide continued support.
View Local Sports Clubs, contacts and training times here:
Shire of Perenjori
Shire of Morawa
Shire of Three Springs
We will have a Quarterly Sports Newsletter come out across the shires.
If you have any achievements, events, stories or people you would like to promote or recognise in future issues of the newsletter or would like copies of past newsletters, please email Mel at firstname.lastname@example.org
Otherwise keep your eyes out for the first edition of Club Connection for useful resources, advice and opportunities for sporting groups within the shires of Perenjori, Morawa and Three Springs. Please feel free to distribute it to your clubs and members.
Download our Latest Club Connection Newsletter here.
Funding to help include everyone in sport.
To find out more about KidSport please scroll down, or visit the Department of Sport & Recreation's club page at http://clubsonline.dsr.wa.gov.au/kidsport
View the Clubs Online Website for Sporting clubs information, Including:
- “Find a Club” database,
- “Grants and Funding” opportunities,
- Access to “Free club websites”
- And other resources, blogs and training opportunities.
If you have any dates for the calendar, suggestions for training; or if you would like some support from the Club Development Officer, please don’t hesitate to contact Lara.
Visit the Department of Sport & Recreation's Website
Equipment Subsidy Scheme - Application & Guidelines
Athlete Travel Subsidy - Application & Guidelines
Regional Sports Funding Through DSR
p: 9973 0107 (Everyday Except Tuesday 9am - 3pm )
m: 0407 037 153 (Everyday Except Tuesday 9am - 3pm )
What is KidSport?
KidSport is an initiative by the Department of Sports and Recreation (DSR) aiming to make it possible for Western Australian Children to participate in community sport and recreation, no matter what their financial circumstance.
KidSport will allow eligible youth aged 5 - 18 years to apply for financial assistance towards their club fees. The fees go directly from the Shire to the registered KidSport clubs participating in the project. If your club is not currently participating, encourage them to.
All you need to do to register a club is follow the link to the DSR Website and Register. www.dsr.wa.gov.au/clubs. You will need to register for Clubs Online; then register your club with Clubs Online. Once your club is registered there is a button in the middle of the Home Page to Register for KidSport.
Am I Eligible?
- Applicant must be aged 5 - 18 years;
- Applicant must have a Health Care Card or Pension Concession Card;
- Applicant's primary place of residence must be in the local government area they are applying to (exceptions may apply);
- It is preferred that applicants register with a club that is in their local government area.
For more information for clubs, download the Kidsport Club Newsletter.