St David's Anglican Church

The foundation stone was laid on March 19, 1933, by the Ven. C.L. Riley, Archdeacon of Northam, and the Church consecrated by Dr Henry Le Fanu, Archbishop of Perth on June 11th, 1933.

The committee unanimously agreed on naming the church St David’s after the patron saint of Wales, from where the rector had come. The total cost of building the church was 833 pounds which included amounts for the builder, architect, quarry and carting stone and electric lights. A further 75 pounds was spent on furnishings, and many of these such as the pews, the organ and stool, the lectern, the brass cross, brass vases, candlesticks, font and kneelers etc were donated by parishioners.

In November 1933, Rev. Davies left and Rev. J. L Brown arrived in April 1934. The Rector’s Warden in these early days was Mr W Sorenson and the People’s Warden was Mr A.C. Boyd.

Members of the vestry were Mesdames L Brown, Sorenson, T Keown and P Lodge, for Morawa, and district representatives were Mrs Lanagan and Messrs Saint, J. Barnes, H. Coaker and H Gaunt.

Rector

St David's Anglican Church Rector
Dalis James DAVIES (Dec’d) December 1929 – November 1933
James Lynwood BROWN (Canon) April 1934 – August 1938
Ralph Gordon HAWKINS (Bishop) September 1938 – August 1943
Alexander Wesley BATEMAN September 1938 – August 1943
William John NORTHERN (Dec’d) February 1946 – September 1949
John Brian ALBANY (Canon) November 1949 – May 1958
William ADAMS October 1959 – June 1964
David MARTIN December 1964 – July 1966
Michael PAINTER September 1966 – April 1970
David PRESCOTT October 1970 – December 1975
Brian VAUGHAN December 1975 – June 1978
Christopher ALBANY December 1978 – December 1981
Raymond MOLYNEUX May 1982 - 1986
Alan BRODIE 1986 - 1989
Jim COLLINS October 1990 – February 1991
Charles KENNY April 1992 – 1994
Jonathon JOYCE 1995
Erica PAYNE 2001 - Present