The Morawa public library operates from the Shire Offices, now in Winfield Street. It has a basic stock of approximately 2000 items including books, videos, DVDs, audio CDs and cassettes, and functions as part of the Library and Information Service of Western Australia. The Shire of Morawa conducts monthly exchanges of items, receiving approximately 75 new items each month.
Your library is a public place and we welcome you to use as many services as possible and to enjoy your visit. Please ask the staff if you require any assistance.
Monday to Friday 8.30am-4.30pm
Joining the Library
- Membership is free
- Proof of your current residential address is required
- Details of second contact
- Parent/Guardian consent for those under 18
- Visitors may enquire about temporary membership
Borrowing from the library
- Limit of 2 items per borrower
- Loan period is 2 weeks
- Items may be renewed by telephone unless reserved by another borrower.
What is available at the library
- Fiction and Non-fiction books
- Junior and Young Adult collections
- Books on tape/CD
- Paperback swap
- CD Roms
- Junior and adult videos
- Large Print Books
- Reference material
Requests and Inter library Loans
If an item in our collection is on loan we can reserve it for you. Other items not available from our library can be requested via LISWA and specially ordered in. The process takes approximately three weeks. Please see the Shire of Morawa Customer Services Officer to place a request.
- All items should be either returned or renewed by the due date.
- Items lost or damaged while on loan must be paid for.
You can contact the library by Phone: (08) 9971 1204 or Fax: (08) 9971 1284.
Click here to go to the State library of Western Australia.