Museum and Old Police Station
The Morawa District Historical Society was first formed in May 1973, with its main objective of retaining a historical record of the district.
Relocation of the original Old Gaol and Courthouse, in 1975, from Stokes Road to its current position, in Prater Street, was one of the first projects undertaken. Unfortunately the original horse stables associated with this building had been removed.
The Old Gaol and Courthouse now forms the centrepiece of the Morawa Museum. The Museum houses a truly remarkable collection of windmills as well as examples of vintage farm machinery and equipment.
The windmill collection is renowned world wide and is the subject of The Windmill Journal a publication produced quarterly by the Morawa District Historical Society and distributed world wide.
Morawa Museum Details
Also open Sundays by appointment through the Tourist Centre.
||Corner of Prater and Gill St.
||08 9971 1777 or
Tourist Information Centre 08 9971 1421.