Rates Information

Your rates aid in providing many services within the Shire of Morawa. These services include the upkeep and maintenance of infrastructure including roads, footpaths, parks, as well as aiding in community services such as recreation centres, halls, library, swimming pool & refuse collection sites as well as rubbish collection service.

Change of Address & Ownership

*Please advise Council in writing of any change of address to which notices are to be sent by using the  Change of Address /Owner Details

   /Change of Address and Ownership Form.

Notification of change in address can be emailed to rates@morawa.wa.gov.au, or delivered to the Shire's Administration Office.

Visit our Forms page to download a copy of the Change of Address and Ownership Form. 

Please be advised that the Shire does not receive advice from Landgate relating to property ownership changes. If a property is bought or sold the settlement agent should advise the shire of date of sale and new owner details.  If this has not happened and the incorrect owner is shown on your Rates Notice please provide a copy of the Certificate of Title to the Rates Officer so this can be corrected.

Payment Options

  • In Person at the Shire of Morawa Administration Office during office hours.
  • Over the phone using a valid credit card by calling the Morawa Shire during office hours.
  • By mail - post your cheque to the Shire of Morawa. Cheques and Money Orders should be made payable to the Shire of Morawa.
  • Internet bank transfer:
    • BSB: 306-024
      Account Number: 0108543
      Reference: (Your assessment number and surname)

For more information on contacting the Shire of Morawa, visit our Contact Information page.

2021 - 2022 Rating Information

Council adopted the 2021/2022 Budget which included a 3% increase to the Rate in the $ for the following rates and charges excluding UV Mining which had a 0% increase to the rate in the $ for the 2021/2022 year:

General Rates Rate in the $
GRV Residential/Commercial  0.081287
UV Rural 0.023499
UV Mining 0.301974
Minimum Rated Properties Minimum Rates Charge
GRV Residential/Commercial $312.00
UV Rural $312.00
UV Mining $683.00
Rubbish Bin Service Charges
Residential Rubbish Service $407.00
Commercial Rubbish Service $815.00

Instalment Options

Option 1 - Payment in full by the due date

The full amount of rates and charges must be paid before the due date to receive the 1.5% discount.

Due date:  Friday, 1 October 2021

Option 2 - Payment by four instalments

To opt to pay your rates by instalments, make payment of the first instalment amount by the due date. This option attracts a $15 administration charge and 5.5% simple interest charge.

1st Instalment payment due date: Friday, 1 October 2021

2nd Instalment payment due date: Friday, 3 December 2021

3rd Instalment payment due date: Friday, 11 February 2022

4th Instalment payment due date: Friday, 15 April 2022

If you are unable to pay your rates by the above options due to financial hardship, contact the Shire's Rates Officer to discuss alternative payment arrangement options. 

Emergency Services Levy (ESL)

The State Government requires Councils to collect the Emergency Services Levy from ratepayers. The funds raised go to the Department of Fire and Emergency Services. The funds do not go to Councils and the rate charged is not set by Councils. For more information, visit the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES) website.

Pensioner and Seniors Rates Rebate

To receive a concession on local government rates, an applicant must own and occupy the property as their ordinary place of residence on 1 July of the current financial year.

To receive a concession on water service charges, an applicant must own and occupy the property as their ordinary place of residence at the date of application and be the holder of a valid

  • Pensioner Concession Card or
  • State Concession Card or
  • Commonwealth Seniors Health Card together with a WA Seniors Card or
  • WA Seniors Card.

The amount of the concession depends on the type of concession card an applicant holds.

See more information about pensioners and seniors concessions on the WA Government website under Community Services - Grants and Subsidies.

Property Valuations

Landgate values all properties in Western Australia for rating and taxing purposes in accordance with the Valuation of Land Act 1978.

Landgate valuers conduct independent and unbiased valuations of your property. These are Gross Rental Values (GRVs) and Unimproved Values (UVs). 

For any queries regarding the valuation of your property, you can contact Landgate directly.